1. Ted Walsh – Horse Racing Commentator – ‘This is really a lovely
horse. I once rode her mother.’
2. New Zealand Rugby Commentator – ‘Andrew Mehrtens loves it when Daryl Gibson comes inside of him.’
3. Pat Glenn, weightlifting commentator – ‘And this is Gregoriava
from Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!’
4. Harry Carpenter at the Oxford-Cambridge boat race 1977 – ‘Ah,
isn’t that nice. The wife of the Cambridge President is kissing the Cox of the Oxford crew.’
5. US PGA Commentator – ‘One of the reasons Arnie (Arnold Palmer) is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them.
Oh my God! What have I just said?’
6. Carenza Lewis about finding food in the Middle Ages on ‘Time Team
Live’ said: ‘You’d eat beaver if you could get it.’
7. A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have
snowed and didn’t, turned to the weatherman and asked ‘So Bob, where’s
that eight inches you promised me last night?’ Not only did he have to
leave the set but half the crew did too, because they were laughing so hard.
8. Steve Ryder covering the US Masters: ‘Ballesteros felt much better today after a 69 yesterday.’
9. Claire Frisby talking about a jumbo hot dog on ‘Look North’ said:
‘There’s nothing like a big hot sausage inside you on a cold night like this.’
10. Mike Hallett discussing missed snooker shots on ‘Sky Sports’:
‘Stephen Hendry jumps on Steve Davis’s misses every chance he gets.’
11. Michael Buerk on watching Philippa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1’s UK eclipse coverage remarked:
‘They seem cold out there. They’re rubbing each other and he’s only come in his shorts.’
12. Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny
Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open: ‘Some weeks Nick likes to use Fanny; other weeks he prefers to do it by himself.
Many thanks to Marion for this.